2018 SQUADRON TRIP TO THE UNITED KINGDOM – 10 – 19 MARCH 2018
1. As announced, the following is the criteria for the 2018 trip to the United Kingdom that will be used in determining eligibility for Cadet participation:
- Cadets must have no documented violations of the Cadet Code of Conduct;
- Participated in the mandatory number of hours for the annual 2017/2018 Air Cadet Tagging
Days. This is defined as full participation in each of the “mandatory” Tagging Days
- Cadets enrolling in September 2017, or later, are obliged to participate in the Spring
Tagging Days in each of the mandatory days plus one day. Failure to fulfill this requirement will remove the Cadet from being eligible from future optional opportunities and trips.
- Sold a minimum of two (2) Air Cadet Lottery Books in total during 2017/2018;
- Cadets must be a minimum of 13 years of age by 1 February 2018;
- Cadets must have successfully attended and completed at least one (1) summer CCO, or
like national programme, training camp/course by 1 September 2017;
- Cadets must have attended at least 80% of Mandatory Support Training;
- Cadets are capable of attending an international trip that will extend beyond the dates of
the 2018 “March Break”. Trip dates 10 – 19 March 2018, inclusive (10 days in duration);
- Cadets must have demonstrated the maturity and ability to be away from home for an
extended period of time within the Cadet programme;
- Cadets must successfully complete the trip interview and essay writing process;
- Cadets must acquire the appropriate travel documents (passport, visa, etc), immunizations
(if necessary), medical and travel insurance for travel to the United Kingdom;
- Cadets, parents/guardians must meet the financial pre-payment schedule.
- Cadets and parents must meet the participation requirements in published documents.
142 Mimico ‘Determination’ Squadron
Fort York Armoury
660 Fleet Street, Room 104, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5V 1A9 Telephone: 416.203.4673 – www.142.ca
Canadian Charitable Registration Number 130387665RR0064
- Those Cadets not meeting the above minimum criteria will not be eligible to participate in the trip.
- From the list of eligible Cadets, as determined above, selection will be done on the basis of previous acceptable participation in Squadron trips, Field Training Exercises and/or optional and fundraising activities, as well as deportment while at LHQ during associated activities.
- The “Intent To Participate Registration Form” will be distributed on 21 September 2017 at the Information Meeting, and must be returned to the Administration Officer no later than Thursday, 12 October 2017. The intention of this document is to get an indication of the number of Cadets who may wish to participate in the trip as the maximum number is limited to 45 Cadets.
- The total cost per participant is approximately $1,800.00. The total fee borne by each Cadet participant is anticipated to be in the $800.00 – $900.00, with a subsidy from the Squadron funds for 142 SQN participants (Cadets and staff) up to $1,000.00. The first deposit of $250.00 is required with the return of the Intent to Participate Registration Form on 12 October 2017. The second deposit is due on 7 December 2017 in the amount of $150.00, which will be used to meet the payment schedule for the air carrier. Deposit payment does not necessarily confirm participation within this trip until all criteria are met. Should a Cadet fail to meet the eligibility requirements, deposits one and two will be refunded. Cadets who expect to meet the eligibility requirements will also be expected to meet the financial pre-payment schedule.
- The SSC will take your deposit and provide you with a receipt. Cheques should be made out to: 142 Royal Canadian Air Cadets with a notation in the memo line of ECI2018.
- The aforementioned selection process is intended to ensure that those Cadets who have taken an active role in fundraising efforts and Squadron Activities are properly rewarded for their commitment.