TO 1085-11 (CO)
18 April 2016
18 April 2016
2017 SQUADRON TRIP TO FRANCE, 10 – 20 MARCH 2017
- As announced, the following is the criteria for the 2017 trip to France that will be used in determining eligibility for Cadet participation:
- Cadets must have no documented violations of the Cadet Code of Conduct;
- Participated in the mandatory number of shifts for the annual 2015/2016 Air Cadet Tagging Days. This is defined as full participation in all Tagging Days;
- Sold a minimum of two (2) Air Cadet Lottery Books in total during 2015/2016/2017;
- Cadets must be a minimum of 13 years of age by 1 February 2017;
- Cadets must have successfully completed Level 1 training by 1 July 2016;
- Cadets must attend the 2016 Annual Review;
- Cadets must have successfully attended and completed at least one (1) summer training camp/course by 1 September 2016;
- Cadets must have attended at least 80% of Mandatory Support Training;
- Cadets must have participated in the 2015 and/or 2016 spring and fall Squadron Field Training Exercises;
- Cadets are capable of attending an international trip that will extend beyond the dates of the 2017 “March Break”. Trip dates of 11 – 19 March 2017, inclusive (9 days in duration);
- Cadets must have demonstrated the maturity and ability to be away from home for an extended period of time within the Cadet programme;
- Cadets must successfully complete the trip interview and essay writing process;
- Cadets must acquire the appropriate travel documents (passport, visa, etc), immunizations (if necessary), medical and travel insurance for travel to France; and,
- Cadets, parents/guardians must meet the financial pre-payment schedule.
2. Those Cadets not meeting the above minimum criteria will not be eligible to participate in the trip.
3. From the list of eligible Cadets, as determined above, selection will be done on the basis of previous acceptable participation in Squadron trips, Field Training Exercises and/or optional and fundraising activities, as well as deportment while at LHQ during associated activities.
4. The “Intent To Participate Registration Form” will be distributed on 25 April 2016 at the Information Meeting, and must be returned to the LHQ no later than Monday, 16 May 2016. The intention of this document is to get an indication of the number of Cadets who may wish to participate in the trip as the maximum number is limited to 40 Cadets.
- The total fee borne by each Cadet participant is anticipated to be in the $900.00 – $1,000.00. The first deposit of $200.00 is required with the return of the Intent to Participate Registration Form on 16 May 2016. The second deposit is due on 26 September 2016, in the amount of $250.00, which will be used to meet the payment schedule for the air carrier. Deposit payment does not necessarily confirm participation within this trip until all criteria are met. Should a Cadet fail to meet the eligibility requirements, deposits one and two will be refunded. Cadets who expect to meet the eligibility requirements will also be expected to meet the financial pre-payment schedule.
- The SSC will take your deposit and provide you with a receipt. Cheques should be made out to: 142 Royal Canadian Air Cadets
7. The aforementioned selection process is intended to ensure that those Cadets who have taken an active role in fundraising efforts and Squadron Activities are properly rewarded for their commitment.